10 Uses of Simple Future Tense with Examples
Future Tense is used to determine the action of a verb that is going to happen in the future. The sentences in this case are formed, mostly by using the auxiliary verbs “will” & “shall” and their derivatives.
In this article, We will be discussing certain rules, and the uses of Simple Future Tense with Examples. Let’s Begin.
Rule 1 – Actions to Take Place in the Coming Time
- She will sleep at 10 O’clock.
- My brother will be 29 years old, next year.
- We shall visit our relatives tomorrow evening.
Rule 2 – Used with Principal Clause
In a conditional sentence, Simple Future Tense is used with the Principal Clause, and Simple Present Tense is used with the Subordinate Clause.
- She will come back, if you give her a call.
- When the Sun shines, the plants will cook food.
Rule 3 – Describing Future without using will / shall
Subject + has / have
- I have to study for 5 hours.
- He has to buy the shares of Reliance Industries.
- She has to wear beautiful dresses in high school.
Subject + is / are / am
- I am to visit New Delhi.
- He is to wear the green suit.
- They are to come dance in the party.
Subject + is / are / am + about
- I am about to visit New Delhi.
- The patient is about to die soon.
- She is about to sing in the night club.
Subject + is / are / am + going
- Yash is going to read several books.
- He is going to buy an iPhone tomorrow.